A £34.5 million project to redevelop Devonshire Park to create a nationally important cultural and tennis destination.
The two-year contract will deliver:
– New state-of-the-art conference space and restaurant/café facilities
– Restoration of three listed buildings
– Upgrade of the facilities in all buildings
– Improved tennis facilities
– Distinct park entrance and new and improved public spaces
The project contains significant logistical challenges as parts of the building. The park will remain in full operation throughout the construction process which must not disrupt local events such as the Eastbourne Air Show and the Aegon International Tennis Championships.