Most client instructions start with a request to carry out a limited building survey and report to identify property defects and necessary repairs. Our expertise is required to carry out survey and reports, destructive core testing, thermal imaging and damp meter readings, further instructions to prepare the schedule of works, prepare the tender documents, tender the works, make recommendations to appoint contractor, appointment as Contract Administrator on behalf of Freeholder and block management company to put the property into good repair on a phase-by-phase basis, our fees are split into the following areas of work
Our fee proposal is split into two areas, section (A) and section (B) proposals are broken down as follows.
A) Preconstruction Contract Administration
- Interrupt client’s brief.
- Prepare a preconstruction information plan.
- Preparation of external repairs and internal decorations specification of works.
- Send out tender documents to tender (min of 3 contractors).
- Meeting contractors on site to discuss tender and questions (if applicable).
- Review tender returns.
- Issue tender report with recommendation appointment of a contractor.
B) Post Construction Contract Administration
- Preparation of contract documents or letter of intent to the contractor to confirm
- Review contractors Health & Safety documents, including Risk Assessments, Method Statements, programme of work, and Construction Phase Plan.
- Administering change control process.
- Seeking instructions from the client in relation to the contract.
- Issuing instructions, such as variations, or making good defects.
- Attending progress meetings with the contractor.
- Co-ordinating and visiting site to check the progress of work.
- Issuing certificates of practical completion and interim certificates.
- Collating and issuing schedules of defects.
- Issuing a certificate of making good defects.
- Issuing the final certificate.
And section C is for other services
C) Statutory Consents are considered on a job-by-job basis in respect of planning, building regulations and listed building consent, Party Wall etc Act 1996 and Legal Agreements for access to a neighbouring land to carry out the works.
We offer full turnkey instruction from inspection to completion and pride ourselves on a right first-time policy and perfect delivery on completion.